What is SaaS? Software as a service, sometimes referred to as "software on demand," is software that is deployed over the internet and/or is deployed to run behind a firewall on a local area network or personal computer. With SaaS, a provider licenses an application to customers either as a service on demand, through a subscription, in a "pay-as-you-go" model, or (increasingly) at no charge. This approach to application delivery is part of the utility computing model where all of the technology is in the "cloud" accessed over the Internet as a service. Advantages
- Pay per use
- Instant scalability
SaaS was initially widely deployed for sales force automation and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Now it has become commonplace for many business tasks, including computerized billing, invoicing, human resource management, financials, content management, collaboration, document management, and service desk management. Source - Wikipedia OrangeHRM Live is implemented at level 3 on the SaaS hierarchy, which can be easily configured and multi- tenant-efficient. This enables more efficient server resource use without apparent difference to the end user. Benefits of On-Demand / SaaS HR System
- Save money by not having to purchase expensive servers or other software to support use.
- Faster Implementation. Customers can deploy SaaS services/products within hours rather than weeks or months.
- Focus budgets on competitive advantage rather than infrastructure (Low Total Cost of Ownership)
- Flexibility and scalability Reliability
- Freedom of use, you don't have worry about any maintenance