The much awaited OrangeHRM version 2.5 was released today. OrangeHRM 2.5 was designed to meet the needs of the community. Making OrangeHRM more user friendly for administrators, supervisors and employee self-service users, 2.5 has greater administrative control over managing the information flow across the organization. With a comprehensive user guide developed targeting non IT personnel we assist you to understand OrangeHRM better. New features in Version 2.5 include:
- New look and feel: With community collaboration we have created a new look and feel for version 2.5. We have taken into consideration key usability issues from the previous version. For an example in the PIM module you can display up to 100 users (up from 10 in the previous version). Software ergonomics, human factors science and design considerations were used to ensure usability and consistency throughout the application.
- Separation of the project time tracking and attendance: With the new release, administrators can track employees’ attendance (Punch In/Out) and create reports separately. Project time tracking can be done with the new grid view that allows users to enter time spent on project activities for the week.
- The Recruitment engine is better equipped with new features including the ability to attach resumes and expand or collapse the Job description.
- Over 150 issues were fixed and the system is much more stable than the previous version.
- Implementation of Advanced security measures: Cross-site scripting (XSS) security vulnerabilities that were discovered by our global community members have been fixed.
- The performance of the application has been increased by optimization of the database and re-factoring of the code base.