The pre-requisites are;
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3 or later
- MySQL 5.0 or later
- PHP 5.1.0 or later
If you already have Apache HTTP Webserver(and PHP
loaded as an Apache Module) and MySQL running, then you
have everything you need.
In case you dont have the requisites setup, you have
- Use an AMP stack which has Apache, MySQL and
PHP pre-configured to work together.
- If you want you could configure Apache, MySQL
and PHP on you own manually. You can refer the OrangeHRM FAQ on how to
AMP stack for Windows
Recommended AMP stack for Windows is XAMPP
Windows. Download page; click XAMPP
Notice: make sure you download the Installer from the Basic Package and not the upgrades, developer packs,
After downloading, start installing XAMPP for Windows.
- You can choose the default installation location and click Next
- When asked to "Install XAMPP Servers (Apache, MySQL, .....) as service?", select Yes
- When asked "Install Apache 2 as service?", select Yes
- When asked "Install MySQL as service?", select Yes
- You may skip the other services by selecting no since they are not required for OrangeHRM
- Select Yes to start the XAMPP control panel too.
- If you use any firewall software(ie; Windows Firewall) if prompted please make
sure that XAMPP services (Apache Web Server, MySQL) are exempted from the blocked list
- If you use Skype, this may result in a port conflict with Apache web-server
included in XAMPP when install . Therefore make sure you
re-start Windows to make sure that XAMPP services start before Skype (then Skype will go for an alternate
Copy OrangeHRM-ver-2.2.zip into the document root of the Apache HTTP Server.
If you used XAMPP for Windows, document root
<XAMPP Installed Location>\htdocs\
Extract OrangeHRM-ver-2.2.zip into the same folder, which would extract
every thing into a directory called 'orangehrm2'.